Rules and Requirements for Steeltown Entertainment's “Take a Shot at Changing the World” Contest.
Eligibility Requirements and Agreements
Contestants / Participants
- Contestants must attend a public or private school in Pennsylvania within Allegheny,Beaver, Fayette, Greene, Westmoreland or Washington Counties.
- A teacher from your school must register in order for you to participate. If your school is not involved and you would like to be involved, please contact our office at 412-251-0890, or Rachel@steeltown.org and we will do our best to approach educators in your school.
- Contestants must be in grades 6 through 12 at the time this contest commences.
- Contestants under 18 years of age must have the written permission of their parents to participate.
- Contestants may only be involved with one submitted project.
- The content of the video must reasonably fit within one of the “Prompts.”
- Content must be tasteful and appropriate for all ages.
- Content must be original and must not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights. Content must also not infringe or invade any rights of publicity or privacy and must be free of defamatory content. You can use material that is under public domain, but must cite each source in your video. Please visit www.creativecommons.org for acceptable material. You can search for music that is license free by visiting music-for-video.com.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree that Steeltown Entertainment (“Steeltown”) reserves the right to disqualify or edit any entry at Steeltown's discretion.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree that Steeltown shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of any submissions to this contest for any purpose without compensation.
- All video production work must be done by the contestant(s). No professional assistance may be used in any part of the production or editing. (Note: teachers, support staff and parents may offer minimal technical support but may not aid in the creative process).
- Videos must not exceed (5) minutes in length, including credits. Videos exceeding five minutes will be disqualified.
- Videos must be uploaded to Vimeo.com.
- Your video must not exceed 192 MB in size, and needs to be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Contestants must upload their videos onto the site, where they will be hosted on Vimeo. Steeltown is not responsible for any failures to encode and/or compress any videos to comply with Vimeo or for any problems incurred in uploading the content to the site. Steeltown is also not responsible for any entries that are removed or otherwise modified by Vimeo for any reason.
- Contestants must create an account on the website in order to be eligible for the contest. If students are working in teams, only one account per group is required.
- Parents or Guardians of contestants must provide contact information and agree to the terms specified.
- All materials related to entries, including releases, the website submission forms and the video URL, must be received by May 1, 2012. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM, May 1, 2013. All entries require a brief creator's statement of three to five sentences describing how the video entry relates to the contest prompt(s) and stating that the content is original.
- Contestants are advised to obtain release forms for any person, image, music, sound recording or other protected materials used in the video. Contestants are responsible for maintaining said releases throughout the contest. These forms (talent release, location release) must be mailed or faxed into our offices:
Steeltown Entertainment Project
Attn: Take a Shot Contest
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- By participating in the contest, contestants agree that Steeltown reserves the right to disqualify any entry or contestant for failure to comply with any specified rule or aspect of the contest, including but not limited to failure to include credits or submit creator's statement, unoriginality, vulgarity, intellectual property infringement or low quality submissions.
- By participating in the contest, contestants agree that Steeltown is not responsible for any incomplete, ineligible, illegible or lost entries or agreements, or for any failure to send or receive entries or agreements due to any difficulties faced by the contestant or by Steeltown.
Judging and Winners
- Prize Distribution: Steeltown is not responsible for the division or sharing of any prizes awarded to the members of a group submission.
- Notice to Winners: Inability to reach a winner through reasonable efforts may result in disqualification and the choosing of an alternate winner.
- Odds: Odds for this contest depend on the number of eligible submissions.
- Prizes are not assignable or transferable.
- Taxes: Winners are responsible for the reporting or payment of any taxes on the prizes.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree to not dispute the results.
- Contestants agree that construction of these rules and regulations shall be governed by Pennsylvania law, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of laws provisions or rules.
- Invalidity of any provision within these rules and regulations shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.